Nov 12 2017
Tips In Packing Your Parcel Before Handing To Courier
If you are planning to send a package through a courier company, it is essential that you pack it properly to ensure that it will arrive on its destination without damage. Here are some tips to follow.
- If you are sending several items at once, make sure to wrap them individually to add protection while on the road.
- For fragile and sensitive items such as breakables and electronic gadgets, you can prevent it from moving inside the box by adding internal packing materials such as foam, bubble wrap or polystyrene.
- Your items will be better protected if it has a box inside and outside.
- For sealing the boxes, use a durable tape to cover the edges and for packets because damage can easily occur if the seal is not secure.
- If you are shipping, it is ideal to use boxes made of corrugated cardboard because it is intended for a heavy duty purpose. If possible, use a new one.
- The written address and details outside of the box should be waterproof and not easily smudged to make sure the delivery of the item. Secure all the custom documents necessary so as not to separate from the parcel.
- While it is the courier’s duty to send the parcel from one point to another, it is your responsibility as the sender to make sure that the method of packing is secure. Make sure to lessen the risk of damaging the package while in transit.
- For parcels that are sent on the same day or next day delivery, the same packing care should be applied. It will only take a few minutes to add extra packing materials compared to the hassle you will go through if you have to claim the insurance that comes with sending the parcel after it has been damaged.
- Lastly, make sure to enquire from the courier company if they have any specific instructions or policy when it comes to packing certain items to make sure that you will be able to send your item on the same day.