now browsing by category
There are many types of bathroom vanity sold in the market such as the large oak vanity unit. This is why many homeowners are finding it a challenge to find the right one for their bathroom. While there are many articles regarding how to choose a bathroom vanity properly, this article will discuss the usual mistakes consumers make when purchasing their bathroom vanity.
- While shopping for bathroom vanities, you might be too focus on the style and design thus forgetting one of the most important factors too, the height of the vanity. The standard height for a vanity unit is 30 inches but it is not suitable for people who have a height more than 63 inches. There are even floor models of bathroom vanities that are shorter than 30 inches. Forgetting the height factor, you might end up washing your hands while bending over for a few years to come.
- There are homeowners that prefer to choose the looks over the function. You might have encountered a cabinet used just for show and not functional but rather placed there to hide the plumbing. This is the common choice of consumers who are trying to be practical and most commonly this setup is seen in office buildings as well as hotels. If you are planning to get a bathroom vanity, make sure that it will serve as a storage space and not just a decoration to cover up something in your bathroom.
- One common mistake is consumers settling for something lesser just because they can’t afford the bathroom vanity together with the fee they have to pay for someone to install it. If you really want a stone vanity more than the traditional laminate, you can ask for the staff in your local improvement store to assist you on how to install it on your own thus saving money.
- If you are planning to buy a large oak vanity unit, make sure that your budget is enough. Bathroom fixtures are known to be expensive so plan your budget according to the material, style and design you want.
There are many reasons why people are investing their money into getting their own condo. Majority of these people know that they will have a more satisfying lifestyle and they recognize the benefits that are offered by having their own condo unit. If you have been thinking for a while whether you should get your own condo, here are some benefits that will convince you to buy one.
- Having top of the line amenities while paying only very little. This is the major advantage of having a condo in a building because you have access to all the best amenities without paying too much. Majority of condo projects are equipped with swimming pool, spa, gym, bar and many other. You can use these facilities everyday or whenever you like without paying a fee every time. You can also invite friends and family over to enjoy these facilities.
- The cost in utility and maintenance is very low. Compared to having a house and lot, the cost of maintaining your condo’s electricity, water supply and other aspects is more affordable. You will be able to save in your own bills if you use the amenities provided by the building. The cost will further be divided if you are living with other people inside the condo and share the expenses. Remember to be on time when paying your monthly maintenance fee because these facilities will be very useful and will help you save in the long run.
- Higher security. If you are worried about your safety, condo living is ideal for you because of the provided security. If you are living on your own, there is an option for you to install a security camera in your condo. Majority of condo projects have lock entries while some have security personnel assigned to maintain the well being of the residents. You can easily ask for help in case of emergency because you have a lot of neighbors inside the building.
- Return of investment is higher. If the condo unit that you are buying is located in the city, the resale value is higher. When time comes that you want to sell your luxury condo in Bangkok, you will be able to sell it higher than the purchase price.
If you want to purchase a Pattaya condo for sale but you do not know where to start, here’s a walkthrough of the things you need to do.
- Choose a property agent. If you are not a local in Thailand, it would be better for you to look for a property agent who can assist you in communicating with property owners and also in explaining things to you. The agent will help explain which condo s most suitable to your needs and lifestyle and which property will give you more value to your money.
- Consult your lawyer. Buying a Pattaya condo for sale requires legalities. You need to sign papers and deposit a sizable amount of mone If you are not familiar with Thai laws, it would be best to have a legal counsel who will represent you and will explain legal matters to you all throughout the process.
- Deposit requirements. Depending on the status of the condo, there are realtors that require prospective buyers to make a deposit while the building is still under construction. This will serve as a reservation which ensures that you will have a unit when the construction is completed. Find out if there is a deposit requirement for the unit and the payment scheme for the property in general.
- Review the contract. Contracts are important because it is where the inclusions and the limitations of your condo ownership are stated. If there are provisions that you are not resolved or clear, ask the real property agent or your lawyer if the provision involves legal matters. Find out the policies and inherent rules in the building including the obligations and rights that you have as a would-be owner.
- Prepare for the turn-over. The last step in buying a Pattaya condo for sale is to prepare for the unit turn-over and finally, the date when you can move in. you might want to visit the building and the unit to do a last-minute check to find out if there are details that you want to clarify or change.
Do you intend to buy a condo unit to match your lifestyle? Will you choose a high-rise or a low-rise condo unit?
Condo units are very much preferred by people due to their proximity to the MRT or BTS in Bangkok, aside from them being of minimal maintenance.
There are multiple considerations to note like price, design, materials and even promotions. Other factors also include the facilities like a gym or fitness center, swimming pool, security and so on.
Aside from those mentioned above, you may also want to consider the condo’s height, if it’s high rise or low-rise. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
Read on to see which is the right fit for you.
The pros of high-rise condos
1. Lifestyle convenience: Most of the high-rise condos are usually positioned on primary roads and close to MRT or BTS train stations. Since land prices are greater on primary roads, developers build tall condos with many units.2.
2.Great view: When you live on a high floor, you are guaranteed a stunning view. There are high-rise condos that offer views of the city center or the Chao Phraya River.
3. Design features: Large buildings have more height which give these high-rise condos luxury, liability and quaintness.
4. Large facilities: Since many people stay in these high-rise condos, bigger facilities, like gym, pool or spa, are built.
The pros of low-rise condos
1. More peace and better privacy: The low-rise condos are great especially when you want to come home after a hard day’s work to find peace and a private atmosphere. Normally, neighbors have the same behaviors.
2. Security and lesser worry about disasters: Because of the smaller areas, the security is well covered. In case of disasters, like earthquake or fire, panic is lesser. It is also easier to get out of the building.
3. Real lifestyle living: The low-rise condos provide a feeling like living in a house, since they have lesser levels and barriers. Aside from this, most have bigger unit sizes, and you can design your own living space.
4. Renting and selling: They can be rented and sold easier than high-rise units because of lesser competitors in a similar project.
With the numerous condos for sale in Bangkok, choosing between a high-rise or low-rise condo is still a personal preference. In the end, factors to consider prior to making a final decision include location, convenience, investment or rental potential, and contentment
The trend for kitchen colors is always changing but white motif remains to be a popular choice to dominate everything from the cabinets to the backsplashes. New options to the standard white include charcoal, gray and neutral pastels like pale blue, tinted whites and pale green gray. Muted greens and blues and sometimes pale yellow pastel are frequently used as accent colors.
Modern ideas for kitchen remodeling project
- If you are planning on a hi-tech makeover for the kitchen, make sure to have designated space for smart appliances like steam ovens and built-in coffee machines. Since the 2016 kitchen must focus on convenience, do not forget hidden charging stations and storage for devices like mobile phones and tablets so that they are always available when needed.
- To remove the “plastic look” you can opt for mirrored backsplashes, brass accessories and high gloss surfaces that were popular during the 80’s. Metallic finishes always assume a dominant role in kitchen aesthetics and you can use small helpings of metal on the faucets, pendant lights and cabinet pulls.
- If you want a kitchen that does not look disconnected from the rest of the home, use a streamlined kitchen design that converges with the primary living space. Traditional kitchen designs will always be a popular choice but homeowners must opt for less fuss and frills to achieve a slightly cleaner feel.
- Kitchen designs in the 60’s modern style are more about functionality and simplicity so that white color palettes are predominantly used with light wood textures to clear away any unnecessary clutter.
- Instead of relying on ceiling lights and table lamps to provide illumination to the kitchen, an option is extensive cabinet lighting. LED lights are now the trend and when used in recessed lighting, they can easily set a better mood.
Home remodeling magazines are good sources of ideas for your new kitchen design but you also consult with Kitchens in Colorado Spring for the final details. All your questions about the choice of materials and whether they will fit the budget will be answered so that you will be able to estimate the expected costs of the kitchen remodeling project.
There are many factors that should be considered when buying a property in Thailand. All of these factors must be considered carefully before making a final decision into buying a property in Thailand’s real estate market. These factors include the type of property to be purchased, the price of the said property, where it is specifically located, the reason why one is planning to purchase, the quality as well as the workmanship involved and last but not the least, the legal processes that must be done in order to buy the property in question.
There is now an increase in the number of condominium developers especially in major cities of Thailand such as Pattaya, Bangkok anf Phuket. If you are a foreigner and planning on purchasing a property, a condominium is a recommended option. For foreigners, the condominium can be registered under their names if they want to. The title deed that comes with the condo is like that of a strata title. If you are looking for collateral in Thailand, the title deed may be used by the owner. In comparison to other countries, the maintenance fees of condos in Thailand are cheaper. Purchasing a condo is cheaper than acquiring a house with its own land. If need be, it is easier to find tenants for the condo unit considering the size as well as the location. Unlike selling a house and lot, resale of condominiums is faster and the process is more straightforward.
If you prefer to purchase a house or a villa instead of a condo, the benefits include a bigger living space, it offers more privacy than condos, the maintenance of the property will be solely controlled by the owner and the house continues to gain appreciation over the years. The only downside with purchasing a house and land in Thailand is that the process involved is not as straightforward as buying a condominium. A few years ago, it is common for foreigners who plan to buy a house in Thailand real estate to register a Thai company first before purchasing a land under the limited company’s ownership. Now there are other legal options such as lease, usufruct and superficies.
Your home’s heating system is probably your best ally against the cold weather. During times of great cold or during the winter season, your boilers become one of the most important parts of your home. A boiler’s importance is even further amplified when you are living in an area that is chilly most of the time.
Probably one of the biggest inconveniences you can ever experience during winter is when your heaters or boilers break down. When this happens, you are sure to spend your days without hot water and a heating system to keep you warm. You would literally be facing the cold weather alone.
When you experience boiler problems, the first thing that you should do is to acknowledge your own limitations as a homeowner. You need to accept that you cannot fix your boilers on your own. It has always been recommended that only professionals should handle boiler repairs or even replacements since boilers tend to be too complex for most people. This means, you would have to call on a professional plumbing company such as M & S Plumbing & Heating Limited to fix your boiler problems. Rest assured your boilers are in good hands because the ones working on them have the necessary expertise to fix them.
To avoid disruptions within your home, it is important that you take certain steps that would ensure that your boilers are always in tip-top shape. You can do this by frequently servicing your boilers. It is recommended that you should conduct a thorough maintenance on your boilers at least once a year. This would help prevent problems from occurring.
It is also good to prepare for the future. Try to conduct an extensive research on the professional companies which cater to boiler repairs and maintenance in your area. Never try to work on the problem yourself as it can get dangerous and could invalidate any insurance you have with the boiler.
Whenever there is an opportunity, you should have your boilers serviced because there is nothing more inconvenient than having a broken boiler in the middle of winter.