The best part of traveling is opening your heart and mind to new experiences. You will meet different people and you will experience various cultures. Travelling however can also become a challenge because you have to ensure that you do not get lost during your tour around a city.
I arrived in Japan on a Friday afternoon and after the long flight I was just too eager to get out of the airport and experience the city of Tokyo. My friend James was patiently waiting for me and we quickly got out of the overcrowded airport to take a bus to where he lives. All around us were thousands of cars and people and it was simply overwhelming.
James accompanied me on the tour around the city. I don’t think I am prepared to face the challenge of visiting Tokyo alone because I would surely get lost in the huge crowd. We walked to the Imperial Gardens and then to the Ginza Shopping Market where we ate a late breakfast at a tiny Ramen Noodle restaurant that tasted authentically Japan.
From there we took a bus to the other side of Tokyo that looks almost like New York Times Square at its busiest. There we met with some of James friends so that we can try the hundreds of vending machines that we found in almost every corner of the arcade. We also tried some of the video games and paid for an hour at a private karaoke booth.
Afterwards, we ate at one of restaurants that serve authentic Japanese cuisine. The meal was typical Japanese with sushi, oysters, rice with miso soup and tempura. Without much hesitation, I grabbed my chopsticks and started on the sushi. It tastes different from the sushi served in Japanese restaurants back home.
Many couples often overlook the importance of personalizing their wedding favors. A wedding favor is a special token of gratitude for all the people who in one way or another have helped make the day special. On the other hand, it has been become quite common among guests to ignore the wedding favor and simply stash them in a corner cabinet to be forgotten. This is particularly true if the wedding favor is especially tacky.
A perfect wedding favor is relevant to the theme of the wedding. If the wedding is held on the beach or a garden, it is a good idea to choose a wedding favor that has a special significance to the venue. A wedding favor with nature as backdrop is often pretty enough to be displayed. Another option is a potted plant that contains the couple’s names including the wedding date. Wedding guests are bound to keep this type of wedding favor because it can grow into beautiful flowers with just a little water and sunshine.
However, if you cannot decide on an ideal wedding favor for your loved ones and friends, you cannot go wrong by personalizing some practical items like mugs, wine glasses, bags of chocolate and scented candles. Personalizing your wedding favors mean a lot to your guests because the significance of the gift to the wedding day is very evident.
For example, a useful gift to remember the amazing day is personalized glassware. There are personalized wine glasses that can be distributed during the reception. It can serve as part of the table decorations during reception together with the flowers and candles. Monogrammed gifts are pleasing to both genders and they are practical gifts that guests will be eager to bring home.
Monogrammed Gifts always look fabulous and they can be used as tokens for various events. For instance, monogrammed glasses can be given away during bridal showers, bachelorette parties, birthdays, girl’s night out and anniversaries. Wine glasses are inexpensive and it takes only a few minutes to put that special monogram. However, there are online retailers who are too willing to do the monogramming for a very affordable cost.
It is true that the US has access to the cleanest drinking water (probably because of the strict regulations in tap water) but despite this, it is still the leading consumer of bottled water in the world. What’s bad about this is that since more people are growing concern over the planet and are shifting towards sustainable living, the use of disposable water bottles and even its production has raised many concerns.
According to recent studies, Americans use about 50 billion water bottles each year and that amount is continuously climbing. The sad part is that about 23% (38 billion) of this 50 billion get to be recycled once they’ve done their part. Think about all the landfills that would be filled with plastic bottles and the pollution that comes with it.
But the environment isn’t the only one affected by this. Economically, if you produce more than $1 billion worth of plastic waste each year, you would also be wasting about 912 million gallons of oil. Luckily, there is a way to avoid that. When you use reusable water bottles, you would definitely help reduce plastic production and waste and would thus help the environment. The Disney film Wall-E gives people a glimpse of what would happens when the world is filled with trash and waste reduction has become more imperative since plastic takes about hundreds of years to decompose.
There are people who buy disposable bottled water because they believe that it is safer than tap water and taste better. But in reality, your so-called safer and tastier water is just merely filtered tap water from a city near you so there isn’t really that much difference. In fact, tap water is even better regulated than bottled water. Tap water is regulated by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) which tests the waters daily for chemicals and bacteria while bottled water is regulated by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) which only conducts weekly testing.
By using reusable water bottles, you’ll definitely not only help the environment, you are also helping your wallets. You’d definitely save more by just refilling your water bottle than having to pay for a disposable one.
It doesn’t take a genius to find out his drains are clogged. Remember, if your plumbing has a problem, there will always be signs. For clogged drains, you would first see water pooling around your feet while you’re taking a shower. Sometime later, you would notice a very unpleasant odor. Once you are aware of these signs, and have opted not to take action against it, you would just wake up one morning and realize you have a clogged drain. The problem with clogged drains is that if you ignore them, then they might cause your pipes to burst.
The first thing that you can try to do is to remove all the trapped hair and gunk that had built up in the drain. If it does not work, then you can always try using liquid plumber. If that doesn’t work as well, then you can use the plunger. But if that fails as well, don’t lose hope. There are still a lot of ways to fix your blocked drains.
- Bent Wire Hanger. One of the most simple and effective ways to clear out your drains is by using a regular wire coat hanger and straightening the best you can. After that, bend one end of the wire into a hook then you can start using the wire hanger to reach into the drain and pull the gunk out. Remember, the goal is to pull the material stuck inside and not push it deeper into the drain.
- Baking soda + Vinegar. A traditional method of unclogging drains, mix a third of a cup of baking soda with a third of a cup of vinegar then pour the mixture down the drain quickly. Since the mixture would fizz, this reaction would greatly help in removing the built up gunk inside the drain. Allow it to stay there for over an hour or even overnight then flush with hot water.
- Wet and Dry Shop Vacuum. One of the best ways to unclog a drain is by using a wet and dry shop vacuum to suck all the water out along with the built up debris.
If these don’t work, then maybe it’s time for some comprehensive drain inspection from your local plumber.
Summer, the season of the sun where a lot of people travel to beaches and to countries that offer the tropical experience however, it is also that time of the year where people fight off the intense heat and stay as cool as possible. Fortunately, there is one home system that helps you stay comfortable and cool at home. The HVAC system’s job is to regulate the indoor air and make it more convenient for the people living inside the house. During the summer, the HVAC system, particularly the air cooling component, would turn the hot air inside your house cooler.
However, the problem is, during the summer (and even winter) the HVAC system tends to work a little bit harder than usual and because of this, it would consume more energy than it should which would eventually find its way onto your energy bills. But there are some ways that you can use to save money on energy without sacrificing too much of your comfort, here they are.
- Replace your old air conditioner. Why is this necessary? Well, if you replace your old barely-maintained model with an energy-star model that uses up to 50 percent less energy, you would definitely be able to save money. While the costs for replacing your air conditioner may be a bit of a pain, in the long run it would be well worth it.
- Replace your air filters every month. This is because when the air filters get clogged and dirty, they not only cause the system to work more, they can also affect the quality of the air and even your health.
- Shelter your HVAC unit from the sun. You can use a tree as it can provide shelter. Doing this can help cut on energy costs and help the unit work smoothly. However, you should also be careful as plants can get into the unit and damage it.
- Think smart. What does heat do inside the house? It rises to the ceiling and if you want to make it leave the house faster, you can do that by using fans. Remember, good air circulation can help maintain a balanced temperature.
Also, if you think there is a problem with your system, don’t wait for it to get worse. Call HVAC services immediately so they can make a clear diagnosis and fix the problem for you.
Mistakes are there to help people learn. If you’re not learning from your mistakes then something is clearly wrong. The same goes in yoga. Remember even the most skillful of yogis have had to make and learn from their mistakes to get to the level they are now. Yoga can be hard but it is also rewarding. In the long run, the benefits would make the experience worthwhile. You are not just bettering your body you are also improving your life in all aspects. Yoga can have profound effects on both the mind and body but in order to achieve these benefits, you must persist, be patient and be consistent in your practice. When you make mistakes, strive to learn from them.
For beginners, mistakes are a common thing. But as they move on and progress, they’ll be able to improve on their practice. Here are some of the most common yoga mistakes that most beginners commit.
- Keeping their shoes on. Yes, on your first day of class you may want to look your best and look good. People always want to impress people. Above all that, they want to impress themselves. But with yoga, seeing as you’d have less clothing options to choose from that would impress other people you’d most likely focus on your shoes. The problem is, in yoga, there is a strict ‘no shoe’ rule. When practicing yoga, you’d eventually learn that you have to have your arms, feet and body on the floor at varying times. So before you join the class, make sure you’ve hidden you shoes away for safekeeping.
- Keeping their cell phones on. Cell phones can be very distractive, not only for you but for the entire class. As much as possible, do not bring your cell phones to class. If not, try to hide it in your bag and put it on silent mode.
- Wearing baggy or loose clothing. Tighter clothes are actually better in yoga as there are lots of room open for accidents with baggy clothing.
- It’s not good for your self esteem to compare yourself with other people in the class. You may not be as good as some others in the class, but you’ll get there sooner or later so don’t worry about how you’ll look when practicing, worry about how you’ll perform.
- Grabbing all the attention. Yes, there are attention whores even in Chiang Mai yoga. So instead of getting the limelight, why not focus on your breathing or meditation? That’ll help clear your mind and possibly cleanse your spirit.
Standup paddle boarding is considered as one of the most popular water sports of today. In fact, standup paddle boarding or SUP boarding is so popular right now that gear sales for this year have exceeded last year’s gear sales by 200%. People are becoming so drawn into this water sport.
Originating from Australia, this water sport is a combination of kayaking and surfing. When you see someone on the beach who is standing up on a surfboard but is also holding a paddle, then he is definitely SUP boarding. Standup paddle boarding provides numerous benefits to the people who choose to engage in it. Here are some of the following benefits you can get from standup paddle boarding.
- The best thing about standup paddle boarding is that it is one of the easiest water sports to engage in. In fact, you don’t have to be an athlete or even be athletic to enjoy this water sport. As long as you have the right gear, you’re good to go. SUP boarding is fit for all people of all ages. Balance may seem to be an issue at first but as you progress and learn, you’ll be able to master the art of SUP boarding.
- Shared Activity. SUP boarding can also be shared with your friends and family. Who says that you should have all the fun to yourself? SUP boarding provides the perfect bonding moment for people of all ages.
- Through SUP boarding, you will be able to enjoy, relax and explore without having to worry about the stresses of daily life. Forget about the noise of the city. Forget about your inadequacies and problems and entrench yourself in Mother Nature’s calm.
- SUP boarding is described as a complete sport because in one session you’d be able to swim, push, paddle, carry and walk. Your body would be in a full workout. From head to toe. You’ll be able to lose weight and improve your physical attributes as well.
- Anti-depression. Where else would you feel positive and calm than in nature? SUP boarding can also improve the secretion of serotonin that is responsible for good moods.
Finally, before you engage in this wonderful water sport, make sure to use pro performance SUP boards to maximize your experience.
Have you ever heard a man say he loves to give gifts to his girl? Probably not, there may be only a few men who love to give gifts to their ladies and these men are probably in their late sixties trying to keep their much younger lovers happy. While you may think that giving gifts is excessive or wasteful, during important occasions, they are very important.
If you’re worried how gifts are going to affect your budget, know that you don’t have to give gifts to your special lady all the time. Just during special and somewhat special occasions. If you think giving gifts is a waste of time and money, here are some reasons why giving gifts is important in a relationship.
- They make your special someone feel special. There is a reason why your girlfriend special someone. It’s because she makes your life special and it would do you good if you made her feel just that especially during special occasions that warrant special attention and effort. Women have this ability to remember the special things you do for them.
- They help your lady calm down during jealous fits. Face it, women are complicated beings. Remember that saying “hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?” Well there is a basis for that. Whenever your girlfriend throws a jealous fit because she saw you liking another girl’s picture on Facebook or her friend saw you with an ex, giving the right gift can help her calm down.
- They help you say things that words cannot explain. Sometimes it’s hard to explain how you feel and if you are not good with words, the perfect way for you to explain your feelings is by giving your lucky lady a gift. While it may just be a small things, sometimes it’s the little things that you do that matter.
- They make you hard to replace. Gifts tell your girlfriend that you are making an effort in your relationship. It tells her that you care enough to make her feel special. And no matter if you give her personalized gifts or homemade ones, the fact is, just by showing effort, it makes you hard to replace.