The best part of traveling is opening your heart and mind to new experiences. You will meet different people and you will experience various cultures. Travelling however can also become a challenge because you have to ensure that you do not get lost during your tour around a city.
I arrived in Japan on a Friday afternoon and after the long flight I was just too eager to get out of the airport and experience the city of Tokyo. My friend James was patiently waiting for me and we quickly got out of the overcrowded airport to take a bus to where he lives. All around us were thousands of cars and people and it was simply overwhelming.
James accompanied me on the tour around the city. I don’t think I am prepared to face the challenge of visiting Tokyo alone because I would surely get lost in the huge crowd. We walked to the Imperial Gardens and then to the Ginza Shopping Market where we ate a late breakfast at a tiny Ramen Noodle restaurant that tasted authentically Japan.
From there we took a bus to the other side of Tokyo that looks almost like New York Times Square at its busiest. There we met with some of James friends so that we can try the hundreds of vending machines that we found in almost every corner of the arcade. We also tried some of the video games and paid for an hour at a private karaoke booth.
Afterwards, we ate at one of restaurants that serve authentic Japanese cuisine. The meal was typical Japanese with sushi, oysters, rice with miso soup and tempura. Without much hesitation, I grabbed my chopsticks and started on the sushi. It tastes different from the sushi served in Japanese restaurants back home.
During car maintenance, tyres are often overlooked because car owners simply leave all the details to the mechanic. In most cases, the only maintenance work done on tyres is to add air when it is about to go flat or clean them from mud and dirt after driving on unpaved trails. There is a lot to know about tyres because it makes a big difference on the length of their usable life.
The first thing you need to know is the code that can be found on the side of the tyre. The number and letters have a meaning which you should know in case there is a need to replace your tyres. For example, the code may look like this 225/55 R 15 97 W.
225 is the tyre width that is expressed in millimetres. In the example, it means that the tyre is 225 millimetres wide.
55 is the aspect ratio of the tyre’s section height or in layman language, the height of the sidewall expressed as a percentage of the tread width. In the example, the sidewall height is 55% of the tread’s width.
R refers to the internal construction of a tyre or radial type construction. Most tyres today are of radial construction where the plies of tyre cord extend across the casing from the bead.
15 is the inside diameter of the tyre or the rim height. Diameter in the example is expressed in inches.
97 is the maximum load capacity of the tyre or the maximum load that it can carry once it has been inflated to maximum safe pressure.
W is speed rating or the maximum speed that the tyre has been certified to carry a load safely. W also means 270 kilometres per hour. Speed ratings range from A the lowest to Y which is the fastest.
When you buy tyres in Gold Coast, make sure to check the code so that the tyre you will exactly match with your requirements. However, you will always be assisted by a sales person who has the experience and knowledge to help you choose a tyre that will enhance your car’s performance and safety.
Instead of installing a permanent fixture, a better solution is a portable hot tub to sooth the tired and stiff muscles. The soothing warmth of the water will reduce your stress and allow you to have a good night’s sleep. However, you do not just choose the first portable spa that you find in the store; you have to consider several factors to determine whether it suits your requirements.
It is important to know what size best fits your needs because portable spas come in a range of sizes. Portable hot tubs are usually smaller than permanent fixtures but there are models that can accommodate 6 adults at the same time. Make sure you measure the desired location for the portable spa with adequate room for people to enter and exit the unit comfortably.
Portable hot tubs include safety features like maximum heat capacity to prevent scalding. Some models come with locking lids so that children and pets cannot access the tub when there are no adults to provide supervision. Another important feature is the water filtration system to ensure water quality particularly for children.
The number of jets in the portable spa is a matter of personal preference. You can opt for one jet to generate mild water turbulence. If you prefer stronger turbulence, you can choose the model with 4 or more jets. There are also features like multiple speeds that allow you to control turbulence.
If you have a busy lifestyle, it is better to choose a model that is easy to clean. Checkout the model carefully whether it has to be manually scrubbed or wiped regularly. Most of the inflatable models are made from thick vinyl with some form of foam-based insulation to hold temperature longer. Ask the vendor how the portable spa is supposed to be cleaned and maintained and what kind of cleaning substances to use.
One of the ideal ways to rejuvenate and relax your body at the end of a busy and tiring day is to soak at the portable spas in ACT. The jets are precisely controlled so that a specific group of muscles can receive therapeutic massage.
With the digital age moving developing as it is, many businesses are incorporating digital technology and computerization into aspects of their work processes, to the point that, odds are, a job will probably require a certain degree of computer literacy. But simply being able to stay on your computer for hours on end doesn’t necessarily mean you are computer literate.
So, if you’re wondering if that Microsoft Word training is the only skill you’ll be learning on your way to computer literacy, here’s a list to help get you started.
- Search engine use. Utilizing the search engine to its fullest is surprisingly complex, far more than typing in an address or keyword. Finding the best results from a search engine requires having some understanding of what makes them tick. Advanced search and other functions need to be learnt, and certain minutiae have to be understood. For example, the difference between google.com and scholar.google.com
- Word processing (or the principles). One of the first uses for the computer, word processing has stood the test of time, staying relevant throughout the years, even in spite of the fact that many of what it does is already present in numerous other applications. That Microsoft Word training is still important; the principles stay the same, and so too, do the basic functions, just with different ways to make them work. Spell check, header editing, text alignment, regardless of what software you use, these are important.
- Spreadsheets allow for a myriad of analysis-related functions, and is quite the handy tool. Of course, it’s still a tool, which means whoever’s using it has to know how to operate it. Figuring out how to get something like Excel to solve formulae, generate mean, median and mode, and the like is important, especially for particularly number heavy businesses.
- Browser basics. Using a web browser is more than simply typing in a website, indeed, some people goof that up too, it’s also about managing the whole of the browser itself. Opening links in new tabs or windows, bookmark use, navigation by URL, etc. can maximize the utility of the browser and grant unlimited access to the internet.
- Virus/Malware control. Whilst, yes, your antivirus can and will scan for malware, you still have to know and understand how it all works. Computers miscalculate (which is basically fancy-talk for “they make mistakes too”), which is why having the user be aware of the computer’s state is important too. Knowing the signs of malware attack, knowing how to set up manual scans, etc. are important, on top of knowing how to avoid malware in the first place.
- Common keyboard commands. Ctrl+V? Ctrl+Y? Knowing what keyboard input commands will save you the trouble of right clicking a text to copy, going to the program you will then right click to paste it to may not sound like the fanciest thing ever, but it’s a must for anyone who’ll work with a computer.
Management is everything when it comes to managing your own business and if you are in the business of card printing, you will need a systematic card management system. And since the business of card printing is growing at a rapid rate, now is definitely the right time for you to be systemized. To begin with, you’re probably scratching your head and asking yourself: “What is a card management system?” A card management system, known as CMS for short, is commonly used in back offices for creation and monitoring of card being issued by a specific business. It’s a software that is connected to both front and back offices of a business to allow constant control from both sides. Most CMSs used worldwide are highly complex in terms of security features plus the mere fact that the system itself uses different codes from different programming languages to ensure its authenticity. Now, CMSs are different from one another.
This type of system is complex to some in terms of detailed functions but the basic are easy to understand. Below are the functions a normal CMS can do:
- It allows registration of new cards. This includes securing personal data from individuals who wished to avail cards from a specific business.
- It allows verification of data being encoded into the cards. This is highly critical especially for credit cards.
- When the registration and verification processes are done, a good CMS enables back offices to issue cards right away. This will be useful for issuing identification cards.
- This specific system includes the function of managing personal and card data being stored into the CMS. It also enables security of data to prevent stolen data and identity theft.
- It enables administration of cards and data and, reporting of any suspicious data. This is also essential for credit cards.
- CMS also manages lifecycle of cards.
Understanding what a card management system and what its capabilities is crucial for any business. It’s like choosing a life support for the cards that are being issued by your business. More importantly, it’s also critical that the CMS itself will be operable by you or someone you can trust. Otherwise, it’s pointless to get a CMS and not being able to operate it.
Google the word Thailand and you would find loads of information about this beautiful country. With so much to see and things to buy, why waste your time in an uncomfortable and cramped coach journey or public transport; when you can choose to reserve your own private and air conditioned car with ample space. However, do the same you’d also find many choices for airport transfers in Thailand so here are some tips that you may want to consider when choosing which company to go with.
- Choose your ride – One of the major things to consider when choosing a car rental company for airport transfers is the type of vehicle that the company offers. Look for one that can offer you a wide selection to choose from so you can select a model that is suited to your needs. If you’re a couple, perhaps you’d like an open top car to enjoy the scenery, or if you’re a family of five, perhaps a minivan would be more comfortable. Whatever your options are, your transfer service provider should be able to provide the perfect solution for you.
- Do you have the moolah? – Airport transfers are not cheap and you don’t want to spend the very beginning of your holiday or business trip trying to haggle your way. So before you even arrive the country and place a reservation, it’s probably best to compare the different packages available and check which deal would help you to save the most money. Consider your needs and eliminate items in the offer that you do not require. For example, if you would not need lunch provided, remove it from the booking’s summary of inclusions. Your transfer service should be able to cater to every budget, without compromising on style.
- Driving skills – One of the things you should check is the skills or level of expertise your chauffeur has. It is important to know that your driver is fully qualified to drive you by asking questions like how long have they been in the business, what are some of the routes they plan to take (if it is a long journey) and the most important of all, whether he or she is licensed.
- Customer satisfaction – Last but not least, you may want to check customer reviews before booking your transfer service while searching for Airport transfers in Thailand. Customers who are satisfied with the services provided would take the time to write a review (and also vice versa!) and these ratings are usually quite accurate and trustworthy. Try searching on TripAdvisor or local forums and discussion boards for more reviews.
Size matters when it comes to choosing the right size for your canvas used in DIY, when you are on the process of making your gallery wall or even in the simple choice of frame for the new pictures that you have taken. There are a lot of factors that should be considered because it is not ideal to purchase something that is too big or too small while you may also choose too tall or too wide a frame. Before you go out and hunt for the best frame or canvas, you should decide first on the best size that will be ideal for your space. Here are some of the widely used sizes for canvases.
- 10” x 8”. These sizes are the most popular when it comes to gallery wall projects, accessory for bookcase or a small desk and in small hallways. The size is versatile that is why it can be used in a number of artwork such as a family photo or a favorite image you found online you can just easily trim to get the right fit.
- 10” x 14”. This is best for artwork that will be printed matted and will take your project to the next level. This size has enough space that it can be used for photo collage. If you have four 5”x7” photographs, this will fit right into the canvas.
- 12”x12”. If your photograph is large but your wall space is limited, it is ideal to use this size. The size is best for either a single image printed in a large size or a number of small ones for a collage. Unlock your creativity to make the most of this size.
- 24”x10”. This shape might look odd but you can do a lot more with this size. This is ideal for unique spaces inside the home such as the headboard on the bedroom, the mantle or at the top of the kitchen stovetop. The canvas will be beautiful to pair with a large family portrait or a panoramic view of the city. You can easily avail of cheap canvas prints and not spend a lot to have a new wall décor at home.
Singapore is filled with hawkers and restaurants for you to choose from. However, if you want to enjoy the view and best tasting meals, look for restaurants that offer chicken wings in Marina Bay. If you are not sure how, here are some ideas.
Search the internet
Restaurants, sports bars and must-try food in any country or city can be easily found over the internet. You can either make use of app installations or you can just type in relevant keywords on the search engine’s search bar and you would be directed to various restaurants and dining places around Singapore or in any other specific area that you prefer. If it is your first time in Singapore or if you are not too familiar with the best dining areas in Marina Bay, turn on your data and you will find the best restaurants around.
Read review sites
The good thing about reading third party websites is that most of them are written by costumers who would like to share their experiences or ideas with you. You can find interesting discussion in forums and discussion boards about chicken wings in Marina Bay and you can also share your experience after you have ate in a particular restaurant. There are specific sites that provide advisory and ratings on restaurants, hotels and services and you can make use of these sites to get useful information. Sites like TripAdvisor offer rich information about travel and accommodation.
Ask the hotel staff
One of the key sources of information about Singapore is the hotel staff. If you are not sure how to go about the area, ask the front desk or even the room boys and other staff. They would teach you how to get to the nearest transportation hub and how to get to a particular spot using the most efficient and fastest transportation mode. Aside from that, you can also ask from the staff where you can find chicken wings in Marina Bay and where you can probably enjoy a few drinks and marvel the breath-taking night view along Marina Bay.