now browsing by month
Winterizing the lawn is very important to keep the lawn in a good shape throughout the winter and have a beautiful lush green lawn, when the warm summer arrives. All types of grasses, warm-season grasses and cool-season grasses need winterizing to cope with the harsh winter conditions.
Winterizing helps to prepare lawn for winter and is a very simple technique. This process does not require any fancy equipment and can be done quite easily at home.
Use a winterizer fertilizer to fertilize the lawn before winter arrives. This fertilizer prepares the lawn to cope with the harsh weather conditions during winters. Spraying this fertilizer, during the fall months helps the grass to supply nutrients to the roots and keep them active throughout the winter. Active roots provide the necessary strength to the plant to survive winters and spring up fresh and green when the spring arrives. The warm weather conditions and the high level of nutrients in the roots, kick up a growth phase that helps the lawn grow thick and lush during the summer months.
Do not step on the frozen grass and stay away from it. Heavy traffic over frozen lawns damages the crown of the blades and leads to emergence of bald spots on the lawn.
Another most followed routine is over seeding the lawn with winter grass. The thick winter grass covers the buff-colored lawn and helps in having a green lawn throughout the winter. These seeds must be sown before the winter arrives, so that the grass grows to optimum height before the cold arrives. These lush winter-season lawns provide a beautiful winter lawn and die-out once the temperatures start getting warmer. This will provide space for your lawn to grow up strong and thick during summers.
Rake off the fallen leaves from the lawn before the first frost. The presence of fallen leaves damages the crowns of the grass and may also cause some fungal infections, which affect the quality of the grass.
These simple steps of winterizing help to prepare lawn for winter in easy technique. They protect your lawn throughout the winter and result in a lush green and thick lawn once the summer arrives.
This article is intended for men who are currently dating a Latina. It might be early on in your relationship and you wonder what things you should know about Latin women in order to be prepared. Latin wives are generally the best. This may come as a bias observation for someone married to a Latina but the following points below will further prove my point.
- Her body clock is set on LST or Latino Standard Time which means she will always be late an hour from your agreed meeting time. If you are planning to have dinner at 8, make sure to tell her to come at 7 if you wanted her to arrive on time, or close to it. When it is the other way around and you are attending something in the Latin community, you don’t have to rush because you can always arrive late and no one will bother you about it. Dating a Latina means that schedules are flexible and can change at any time without warning.
- If you are going to meet and she tells you that she is already on her way, be cautious because most of the time it means that she is still in bed and about to get ready for your date.
- They take dating very seriously thus she will take her time when getting ready. Do not worry though because your will not be in vain when you see her all dolled up for you. One undeniable fact is that red lipsticks look better with Latinas.
- Do not refer to her as feisty and do not describe her as spicy either. Wait for her to say these words as a sign that you can safely call her those. Also, be aware not to use food as comparison to her because she wouldn’t like it one bit despite being a good cook and eater.
- Do not be surprised if you meet her family after a few dates. This is common in Latin culture because they wanted to see if they are Latin wives material to the person they are introducing to their relatives.
The best places to have a lunch buffet in Bangkok are the restaurants found in five-star hotels, especially those along the banks of the Chao Phra River. Most of these hotels offer free boats which make you cross the river. There is also the sky train available from Sukhumvit to Taksin Jetty which goes along the Mandarin Oriental and the Shangri-La hotels.
If you like to dine at the Shangri-La, you can drop by Angelinin which serves delicious seafood. The menu served offers Roman food, with Italian cuisines added with flavors, making it taste like Mediterranean. For starters they serve items ranging from squid ink risotto to buffalo mozzarella. In the main course, you can have prosciutto pizza and yellow fin tuna panini. Finish your lunch with a luscious amaretto chocolate pudding. The restaurant is open for lunch from 11:30 a.m. till 5 p.m.
On the Charoennakorn Road is Marriott Resort and Spa. It has a popular restaurant named Benihana, which serves luscious Japanese food. The meals are cooked by renowned Japanese chefs who love to show off what they know in front of the customers. It’s really a wonderful meal to enjoy while the food is cooked before you.
On the Oriental Avenue is the Mandarin Hotel with its famous restaurant the La Normandie. The meals served here are delicious and tastes like French homemade food. Popular cuisines served here are pork belly casserole with garlic confit and duck as well as the meat pie. This is also something worth trying for.
Also on the Charoennakorn Road is the Mei Jang Restaurant at the Peninsula Hotel. It’s a famous restaurant serving Chinese cuisines with leading dishes like the barbecued duck along with the jelly fish salad, lobster, stir fried egg noodles and abalone fried rice. The restaurant is open for lunch between 11:30 a.m. till 2:30 p.m.
The restaurant found in Arun Residence on Maharah Road offers stir fried noodles along with shrimp, mushrooms, fresh spring rolls and tom young goong. This is something never to miss if you prefer eating local Thai cuisines.
There are still more restaurants by the riverside that serve lunch buffet in Bangkok, so choose your preferred gastronomy and you’ll surely fill your hungry stomachs.
Your house whether new or old can provide shelter and protection from any elements. The roof is that major part of the house, which can protect you from any weather conditions. That is why it will need good roof tiling in Sydney for protection.
Major roof work is always expensive, and everyone wants to save expenses on these jobs. So what should you consider when you need to get a roof?
- Your Location
The first thing to consider if you need to re-roof your house, or when you are building a new house is the location. You need to know the materials available in your area, what are right for your location, and which structure should fit your roof.
Tile and slate are Sydney’s most popular roofs yet you would find it difficult to attach a metal roof with them also. You can combine such features but will need a roofer who can handle all materials to make them work correctly together.
- Good Inspection
Roofs can make an important feature of your house especially when you are buying a new home. You can make your own inspection by having it checked by someone or doing it yourself. You need to look for structure problems like having dips or irregular lines. You also need to check loose tiles that have fallen to the ground. Metal roofs can also be rusted, have many bends or have been done poorly. You can always ask a roof tiling in Sydney to have it fixed or properly maintain your roof.
- Emergency Repair Kits
A really great idea to keep in homes is to have an emergency roof repair kit. Here, you can include a plastic sheeting, huge tarpaulin, hammer and long nails, an industrial stapler and staples, duct tape, medium ladder and a rope or harness. These are the average items that can hold the fort in case of an emergency. To make rescue come, perhaps you need to hire a roof tiling in Sydney to fix the problem properly later. This will assure you that damage on the roof has been repaired.
Cleaning is an ongoing activity in commercial properties and offices. Regular cleaning of the furniture, upholstery and premises is necessary for the proper maintenance of offices. Most of the offices prefer to employ services of commercial cleaners for this purpose.
All of the commercial cleaners that specialize in janitor services offer office cleaning services in Sydney. There are many different services like, one off service that is done once a year, or regular ongoing cleaning services that are done daily, weekly or fortnightly.
There are many companies offering office cleaning services in Sydney and choosing one may be a difficult job. Before finalizing a cleaning agency for office cleaning, I have compiled a checklist to consider:
- Check for the reputation of the company. Ask for the list of their clients and speak to them, if necessary. The testimonies of previous clients help to know in detail about the service culture of the company and its employees.
- Check for the accreditation from WHS.
- The management of the company must be easily approachable and be willing to organize regular meetings with the client to know about the changing requirements from time to time.
- The cleaning agency must conduct regular inspection of the premises and report it to the client.
- The employees must be trained in different process involved in cleaning the office premises and should have an understanding about the safety procedures to be followed. They should have a neat uniform and ID card of the company.
- The cleaning company must be using green and non- toxic, chemical free products for cleaning. They should follow environment- friendly cleaning processes.
- The managers of the company should have the insight and experience to suggest preventive maintenance procedures suitable for the office.
- The fees charged by the company should be on par with the services provided. They should follow cost effective practices that benefit the client.
Just keep a checklist of these points and shop around a bit in the market, finding the best office cleaning services in Sydney is not that difficult. These companies offer their services at competitive prices to attract customers.
Bathroom cabinets are available in a lot of models to suit the design themes of different homes. These cabinets are available in different materials like stainless steel, aluminum, wooden and glass cabinets.
The most preferred wood cabinets are oak bathroom cabinets. Oak cabinets are expensive because most of them are imported. The long durability and less maintenance required for oak furniture, makes it a wise investment. Oak cabinets integrate very easily with other design elements in the room and give a clean contemporary look. These cabinets are strong and can bear weight. Oak cabinets look better with age and are relatively scratch and stain resistant.
There are different models available in oak bathroom cabinets like:
- Independent wall hanging cabinet – This type of cabinet is suitable for small bathrooms. The cabinet is small and has space for everyday essentials. This wall hanging cabinet makes the bathroom appear bigger by freeing up the tile space, which can be used for other purposes. I prefer to match this cabinet with a mirrored cupboard on top with open racks.
- Double door cabinet – This type of cabinet is comparatively big with two doors. It is suitable for master bathrooms with large space. These cabinets provide aesthetic look to your bathroom. They provide enough space to store all your toiletries and bathroom linen.
- Two door, two drawer cabinets – These cabinets are big and are suitable for large bathrooms. They have two doors and two drawers to organize all your essentials neatly. The drawers can be used for toiletries, while the cupboard can be used for towels and linen.
- Double sink modular vanity units – This type of cabinet is very big and generally suitable for places which have large bathrooms. The vanity unit has two under mount sinks with a cabinet below. These modular units have a mix of doors and drawers and look very stylish.
These are the major categories in oak bathroom cabinets. Apart from them, there are many other cabinets and vanity units like corner units for very small bathrooms and mirrored cabinets. The choice of cabinet depends upon the size of the bathroom, the overall décor and the budget.
I think the design of the shower door is an important aspect to consider while designing or remodeling a bathroom. The shower cubicle plays an important role in the aesthetics of the bathroom. Having glass doors to the shower cubicle is the trend in most places. They not only look stylish but also make the bathroom appear bigger.
Frameless Glass doors for shower cubicles are gaining popularity in recent times. These doors do not have the frame or rubber seal to hold the glass in place. They are attached to the Shower wall and tiles with a small hinges. This makes them look better when compared to framed glass doors. Frameless doors look contemporary and are usually custom made to suit the measurements of the Shower. These doors are ideal to Show- off the fancy shower or stylish shower tiles. These frameless doors also give a clean and minimalistic look to the Shower.
Maintenance of these frameless shower doors is easy. These doors do not have rubber seals or frames where water tends to collect. Hence, the risk of Mold and Mildew developing on the door is less, as water does not collect anywhere near the door. Cleaning the door is also easy. Just wipe the door with a squeegee to make it clean and fresh.
While frameless doors look modern and fresh and make the Shower appear like a fish tank, there are some problems as well. These doors cost way more when compared to framed doors, increasing the remodeling expenditure. Since these doors do not have any protective frames to hold them, they weigh much and require costly hardware like heavy brass to keep them in place. Though they are more aesthetic, they lag behind in functionality. Since they do not have any frame to stop the water from leaking, these doors might result in the bathroom getting wet from the leaked shower water, if they are not properly installed. The instances of breakage are also more in these types of doors. Since most of the frameless doors are made in tempered Glass, they shatter into small pieces when they break.
Considering both the advantages and disadvantages of installing frameless glass doors for showers, I can say that these doors are definitely a worthy investment to enhance the aesthetics looks of the bathroom and also for safety. However make sure to get them from reputable suppliers who will install the doors with extreme care and caution.