now browsing by month
One of the events that employees are generally excited about is team building activity. Team building fosters camaraderie, relaxation and enjoyment among employees and members of an organization. It allows team members to set aside the pressure of work and focus on team building in Australia for the time being. The usual setting of team building events are indoors or outdoors. Both have its advantages but if you are more inclined to having the activity outdoors or in an offsite venue, consider the following ideas to ensure that your participants would be safe while maintaining a quality event.
Ask for medical waivers
A few days before the conduct of the activity, collect medical waivers from the participants to ensure that none of your employees will be compromised during the conduct of the event. For all you know, some of the participants may be pregnant or might have undergone recent medical operation or have medical conditions that prohibits them from getting too excited or from engaging in strenuous activities. By looking at the medical waivers, the facilitators can design the team building in Australia in such a way that everyone can participate without compromising their health or medical condition. Facilitators can just assign those with medical issues or physical conditions on lighter tasks such as time keepers or watchers.
Keep a medical team around
You never know when participants can get too competitive and encounter accidents. To ensure that any mishaps will be attended right away, keep a company nurse or a medical team on standby all throughout the activity. It would also be best for you to have a first aid kit at the venue during the event.
Make refreshments and water available
It is important to keep the participants hydrated and energized during your team building. Thus, have an ample supply of water available during the event including refreshments or watery fruits. Exposure to sunlight and physical activities can cause dehydration.
Apply sunblock protection
If you are going to have your team building in Australia outdoors, advise your participants to apply sunblock before joining in the activities. It would also be best to use sunglasses, bandana, caps and other forms of sun protection. Bring extra towels and shirts for the activity.
Over the last few years, I had gone kayaking on multiple occasions and had built up my stamina to finish a triathlon. So I thought it was now a wise idea to pull some friends along and go for some adventure camps in Victoria, probably for a kayaking adventure camp. I found the perfect escape for me at the Sea Kayak Tours in Victoria. There were two types of packages that I could explore:
- The Corner Inlet: This package was a 3-4 day package, which would be conducted over a long weekend, and if we had more than 6 members in our group, we could request our own private dates.
- The East Coast: This was a longer package and usually took a week to complete. We would be kayaking every day and hence would be travelling quite far. Due to this, the agency would arrange a boat for us to make it back to the starting point on the last day.
My friends and I initially didn’t know which package to choose as we weren’t sure of each other’s availability but in the end we opted for the smaller of the two packages. The short version of our experience is that we had an exquisite time kayaking during the day and lounging on sandy beaches during the night. Many people would argue that the night was more fun than the day but I quite preferred the kayaking. The nights were usually just filled with people lounging near the fires and bathing in the warmth that emanated from it, along with a couple of cold beers and some seafood.
As far as the sightseeing was concerned, we were guided through patches of marine coastal parks and we saw so many types of fish and birds along the way. I can now name at least 20 types of fish and bird that I did not knew before. Apart from this, we also had the opportunity to take pictures of the amazing landscapes surrounding us. The melding of the mountains into the sea at the horizons almost seemed poetic to our visual senses, as tears of joy sprung forth unmasking our elation. This was truly one of the best adventure camps in Victoria that I could have visited.
When a few people come together with an idea and try to create it into a company, they usually start small. Take Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs when they started out. They started their company in in an informal office constructed in Steve Jobs’ garage. Although this great pioneer had the foresight to see Apple become such a huge hit, he unfortunately failed to see the importance of a well-built and well-decorated office space. The space in a garage might suffice for just those two members who were starting a company back in the 1960s but in this day and age such a space definitely will not be turning any eyes, be it either investors’ eyes or the eyes of new employees.
Therefore I have created a list of 4 of the most important items of office furniture in Auckland that are necessary to ensure that the office space is at its functional peak, while having the ability to draw the gaze of investors and employees alike.
- Attractive workstations: No employee would like to work at a drab black and white cubicle with no space or attitude for personalization. Studies have shown that happier employees are able to work better due to their environment and surroundings. Hence, it is recommended to get desks and workstations that allow for a lot of personalization and that afford a lot of space to the employee.
- Economical storage solutions: Most digital companies today choose to store their servers in a separate room. However, smaller companies must look for lucrative ways of accommodating their electronics within the space where they work. To solve this problem appropriately sized storage cabinets, in the form of drawers, wall cabinets, and ceiling cabinets must be bought and assembled.
- Reception areas: No office is complete without the customary reception desk and an appropriate receptionist calling out orders to service staff. The reception area will surely be able to reduce the tension and stress of employees and customers as they walk into the office.
- Collaborative areas: Of all the items of office furniture in Auckland, this is possibly one of the most important. Newer, more important discoveries are being made in research when teams from different disciplines collaborate with each other towards a singular end goal. When applied to office spaces a similar effect can be gleaned by putting people from different departments into the same room.