now browsing by month
When it comes to moving, there could be many reasons that could influence your move. For most people, the decision comes with new career opportunities that would require you to relocate. Another reason is that your family is getting too big for the house that you currently live on prompting you to move to a bigger and more suitable home. But not all reasons could be positive. Sometimes, people move because they need to make a change in their lifestyle or that the costs of maintaining the house are too much for a person to handle anymore.
But regardless of the reason, there is no doubt that moving is not only a costly process it is also a stressful one. You would need to carefully consider where each of your belongings would go. You need to decide which items to dispose of, donate and keep. Furthermore, you would have to pack the belongings that you want to take with you and the packing supplies don’t usually come cheap. Luckily, there are a few ways that you can do to save on packing supplies. One of them is find moving boxes for free. Moving boxes are definitely the most important packing supplies to have when moving and finding free boxes would definitely help you with your expenses.
However, you should know that free boxes don’t always come in the best condition that is why you would need to find free moving boxes that are in good shape. If you want to make sure that the boxes don’t falter, you should buy from reputable companies like Paper Mart for packing supplies.
Here are some places where you can get free moving boxes.
- The free offers numerous sources for free boxes.
- Not all places have Freecycle outlets and not all outlets offer free moving boxes so it would all be a matter of chance.
- Liquor stores. Liquor stores have an unending supply of boxes and they are one of the best places to look for free moving boxes.
- Grocery stores/supermarkets. Supermarkets and grocery stores would definitely have lots of boxes that they would want to dispose of.
- If you are planning to move books, the best place to look for free moving boxes is at bookstores.
It is very likely that you have watched Lord of the Rings and have been quite familiar with Middle Earth. Does Middle Earth really exist or was it a product of Tolkien’s creative vision? An annotated map of Middle Earth was recently discovered from map illustrator Pauline Baynes’ copy of the Lord of the Rings novel. Baynes has reportedly moved the Middle Earth map from another edition of the novel and began her own color and added her own notes on the document. Tolkien himself has annotated the map with green ink and pencil.
The map of Middle Earth was purchased by Oxford Bodleian Libraries from Blackwell Booksellers for an estimated price of £60,000 to join a collection of Tolkien manuscripts and scholarships that were collected since 1979. Although there are plans to putting the map for public display, it is only currently available to Tolkien scholars who need to make a request for viewing.
The map is considered to be a very important document and the presence of Tolkien’s annotations has certainly increased the value of the Middle Earth map. In fact, at the Sotheby’s auction, a June 15 copy of the Hobbit that has been inscribed with 4 lines of Elvish was sold for £137,000 including buyer’s premium.
The Middle Earth map showed Tolkien’s obsession with details. Tolkien who was a professor of Anglo-Saxon at Oxford University used Belgrade, Cyprus and Jerusalem as his reference point. According to Blackwell, the city of Ravenna served as an inspiration for Minas Truth, one of the key locations on the Third Book of Lord of the Rings.
The creation of the map was important to Tolkien’s storytelling and Bodleian was happy with the acquisition. It is only appropriate for the map to stay in Oxford where Tolkien spent most of his adult life. It would be disappointing for the map to be held in some private collection.
Illustrated Maps of significant places can found in private collections. In today’s generation where people are more familiar more digital maps, Illustrated Maps are the examples of artist’s creative visions and research abilities that give a different sense of direction.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been around for more than three decades now. For over thirty years, they have been spreading happiness and awesomeness to both kids and adults. The TMNT brand is without a doubt one of the most recognizable brands in the television and film industry today. Almost everyone knows who the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The four humanoid turtle ninjas are easily distinguishable through the colour of their attire and through their weapons, but with just their personalities alone, avid fans would be able to know which is which: the intellectual Donatello, free-spirited Michelangelo, the aggressive Raphael and the leader and responsible Leonardo.
As long existing brand, it is safe to assume that people who have grown up watching TMNT may know a lot about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and are familiar with most of the information and stories thrown at them.
But there are some things that not even all devoted fans know. Here are some of them.
- TMNT started with a doodle. The idea for the comic was born during a brainstorming session by friends Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman back in 1983. Eastman was drawing a doodle of a turtle brandishing nunchucks and that is when the idea hit them.
- TMNT shares an origin story with Daredevil. Comic book fans know that Matt Murdock had saved a blind man from a speeding car when he was struck by a radioactive canister. This had caused Murdock blindness but it had enhanced all his other senses tremendously. The very same canister rolls into a sewer that the turtles have inhabited and as they bathe in the radioactive substance, they were transformed into the TMNT.
- The source comic was very dark. While the TMNT everyone knows today is kid-friendly, the original comic was actually very dark, filled with graphic violence and even alcoholic consumption, ritualistic suicide and lots of foul language.
- There was a female ninja turtle before. For most of the TMNT history, they have mainly featured the same line up of protagonists but when Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation aired on Fox Kids, they introduced a female ninja turtle. But halfway through series, the female ninja turtle vanished from the story without any explanation.
For more information about TMNT, visit TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles.com.